- Everything You Wanted to Know About the Foster Care System but Were too Afraid to Ask. This is a popular topic and one that is appropriate for all groups. There are a lot of unknowns with the foster care system and many people want to get involved, but have no idea who to contact, or even the questions to ask! I cover all the basic questions and even a few that might be surprising – but are very important to learn about.
- Adopting from the Foster Care System. There are 400,000 children free for adoption in the United States Foster Care system. Of those 400,000 children, over 100,000 age out every single year without ever having a stable family home. The statistics are staggering and sad – but there are many ways that you can help! In this session I provide resources for adoption from foster care and answer questions pertaining to the red tape that surrounds adoption.
- Simple Ways to Support Foster Parents. There is a huge turnover in Foster Parents, and much of that is due to burn out, stress, fatigue, loneliness – the list goes on. I’ll share easy, simple and low cost ways to bless foster families. For this session it would be helpful to know if there are local foster families that your group.
- Homeschooling Multiple Ages Without Losing Your Mind. With 5 kids ages 9 and under, our house is crazy and loud and busy all day long. However, we are still able to get our school lessons done (usually) without me tearing my hair out. This session offers tested ideas and tips for parents with littles who are looking for new ideas to get school done while keeping toddlers out of trouble.
- Homeschooling While Providing Foster Care. If you ask the state if you can homeschool your foster kids, they will say no. Yes, foster children need to be enrolled and attending a public school. However, you CAN homeschool your foster child, you just need to be creative! This session talk about supporting your foster child’s public education while adding in some homeschool studies on the side.
- Getting Rid of Mom Guilt. We all have it – the guilt that comes when we look at things that we feel we should be doing better, or more often, or when we compare ourselves to the perfect woman next door. I’m here to bring hope that we are all imperfect and that God has placed us exactly where we need to be right now. We just need to embrace it.
If you are interested in having me come and speak at your event, please contact me and let me know your tentative date, time, topic and audience. I would love to design a program just for your event.