I’ve mentioned that some of my favorite homeschool tools are curriculums that are taught online. For both girls that includes CTC Math. With Bella we have used a few online language arts programs as well. Before we started homeschooling I had no idea how many opportunities there are for online learning. I’m quickly discovering how many varied classes are out there!
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time writing this post. I do not currently work with VIPKID, although I may soon!
If you have been looking for a part time job that you can do from home to earn some money, I’d like to introduce you to VIPKID. VIPKID is an online English education platform with 200,000 K-12 Chinese students and 20,000 teachers. VIPKID designs a unique curriculum for teachers to deliver English classes online in a 1:1 environment from the comfort of their homes.
- An online English education platform allowing children in China to take classes from North American teachers
- It is the fastest growing online education company globally with over 200,000 students as of summer 2017
- The official provider of the TOEFL Primary assessment in China.
- Caters to the growing middle class in China
- Works for everyone – Chinese families can get a quality educator for a good price point, and teachers can make a supplemental money on their own time
How VIPKID Teaching Works
- Using a flipped classroom approach students will independently learn the material and will get a 30-minute lesson with the teacher. After that they receive virtual homework and practice games.
- Teaching online with VIPKID is like being on a Skype call with interactive Powerpoint presentations for lesson plans.
- All lesson plans are created by the talented VIPKID Curriculum team, which takes the pressure off teachers. That means teachers can just focus on what they love – teaching – without all the extra prep work!
- No worry about the lesson planning or grading. The platform is VIPKID’s proprietary tech and proprietary curriculum developed in-house.
Be a VIPKID Online Teacher
- Fill out basic info (5min)
- 10 Min Teaching Sample – (Virtual interview or recorded)
- Intro to Teaching (2-3 hr)
- Mock Class (2-4 hr)
- Contract Signing
- Start teaching kids!
My husband has jumped on the online teaching wagon. He sets up his schedule, teaches from the comfort of his office and enjoys his classes. The extra money has been a wonderful addition to our budget, and he gets to teach something that he is passionate about. It’s a win-win for us. I’d encourage you to head over and see if teaching part time with VIPKID would be something that would work for you!