Last week I took all 5 kids to have their pictures taken. My husband, being the smart man that he is, went to work. My awesome mother in law came with me – and I always feel like I need to reward her with a shopping trip after she helps me wrangle all the kids in the studio! But I can’t help it, the kids change so quickly and I love capturing all the milestones as they grow. Plus, it’s Sweet Pea’s first St Patrick’s Day and Easter, so it was the perfect excuse. (not that I needed one!)
Disclaimer: we were compensated for our time with this review. I was not required to write a positive word, however we honestly love using Portrait Innovations. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The End.
We’ve been using Portrait Innovations since Sophie was a baby, and honestly we have never walked into another studio. I’ve never even been tempted – I even found a local studio when we were visiting my mom so I could get her in the pictures too!
Why I love Portrait Innovations
- They don’t use a tripod. The photographers get down on the floor with the kids, which allow them to capture angles that you can’t get with a tripod. Some of my favorites are my kids laying on the floor giggling – and you can’t get that with a fixed camera.
- They listen to what you want. I love, love, LOVE candid shots – and with my crew that’s pretty much what I get. Every time we go I remind our photographer to ditch the posed and go with the candid shots. We generally are able to get at least 1 or 2 good posed shots, but most of them are my kids in their traditional *poses* like this one:
- They let you change clothes. With 5 kids I try to get as many pictures at one time as I can. I combine birthdays, holidays, Christmas, milestones – you name it and thanks to the flexibility of Portrait Innovations I can get it all done. In less than an hour.
- They love when you bring your own props. It’s so fun to let my kids bring something that they love with them to include in the photos! When Sophie was 3 she had to have her picture taken with a green shovel, and when Bella was 2 she needed Abby Cadabby in her birthday pictures. We’ve included Elmo, Thomas the Tank Engine, American Girl dolls and favorite books – and they all help capture exactly where my kids are at the moment. This session Little Man HAD to hold the soccer ball in the picture!
- They go over all the pictures with you as soon as you are done. This is huge – I can see exactly what pictures were just taken and I can decide what poses I want and how many I want! Of course, because the shots are always so cute I generally want every single pose, but somehow I manage to control myself.
- They send you home with your pictures that day. Seriously. Same day photo shoot, editing and printing. It’s awesome! I’ll arrive at 9am to start the shoot, and I’ll be bringing printed photo sheets home with me.
- They will sell you a CD with all your images on it. Or, if you buy a package you get the CD included in the price. This way, you are able to have all those cute images even if you don’t want to get them all printed out!
A special promotion from Portrait Innovations
Portrait Innovations is offering their best spring special ever. The Spring 24 Portrait Package is only $19.99 plus a Free $100 16×20 Canvas with this coupon!
Included in the portrait package is 1-10×13 Wall Portrait, 2-8x10s, 4-5x7s, 4-3x5s, 8-2x3s, and 5-5×7 cards, plus a high resolution CD with your favorite poses. And, you can save 20% on all additional purchases in studio. Portrait Innovations never charges sitting fees so bring the whole family. Appointments are limited so schedule your appointment today!
I’d love to see photos of your little ones celebrating Spring and Easter – make sure to tag me on social media!