You would think that since we have a newborn we would be home more, but we are out more than we are home. With three kids aged 3 and under, it can be challenging to be out and about and keep every one happy. My big girls are huge helps, but I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve!
- Have the diaper bag packed all the time so you can grab and go. Don’t waste time trying to pack a bag when you need to be herding kids into the car! When you come home, take 5 minutes and empty/restock the diaper bag so you are ready to go when you to. Check out my Diaper Bag tips!
- Keep an Oops Bag in your car all the time, just in case of accidents. Even with 2 kids we still had a new incidents where we needed some dry clothing. Now with 5 kids I don’t go anywhere without my Oops Bag.
- Play some fun music for your child in the car. I use the Amazon Music app with my Prime membership which allows me to play lots of fun kid friendly music in the car through my Bluetooth. Some of our favorites:
- 100 Singalong Songs for Kids
- 52 Sing-A-Long Silly Songs
- Kidz Bop
- Kids Classics
- Disney – Sofia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Sofia the First.
- Have a bin in your car of toys and books to entertain baby. I use a simple bin from Michaels and I rotate baby toys in and out of it. This helps keep even my 3 year old entertained, because baby toys are fun to play with!!
- Grab the Spin ‘n’ Kick Discovery Arch for the car seat or stroller! We were sent this to review and I have to admit it’s my new favorite way to entertain the kids. Little man LOVES it – and even Sam wants it on his car seat when we have some long drives, although he has to wait until we stop. Even better, it can be attached to the stroller to keep little ones happily occupied while Mommy gets some errands done. This might be my secret weapon to keep Little Man when we have to wait in the car.
People are often surprised how often we are out and about, but I think it’s great! My big girls are great helpers at the library, bank and grocery stores; and my little boys are learning patience and how to wait quietly. Sweet Pea still just hangs out in her car seat or the sling, which is really nice. With our homeschool days starting we are out to our CC campus on Mondays, the library on Thurs/Fri and any field trips that are planned. Using these tips help to keep Little Man and Sweet Pea happy while we are on the go!
I’d love to hear your tips for keeping baby happy while out and about.